What does Hattiesburg Publishing publish?
• The Pine Belt News – The most-read newspaper in the Hattiesburg area with more than 18,000 readers each week (in print) and thousands more online. Subscriptions are $30 annually. A weekly news podcast, The Pine Belt News Podcast, will debut in March 2021.
• Signature Magazine – The premier lifestyles magazine for south Mississippi with a powerful distribution network across multiple counties and digitally. The magazine is available free of charge in print and online.
• Pine Belt Sports – An exclusive section of the newspaper each Thursday. Under this umbrella, we also publish two magazines each year (a baseball guide in February and a football guide in August) and release a weekly podcast, The Pine Belt Sports Podcast.
• hubcityspokes.com – A top source for breaking news and other coverage from Forrest and Lamar counties.
• Official visitor's guides to the Hub City (Here's Hattiesburg, published in February) and the Friendly City (The Petal Guide, published in March).
• We also publish a number of beloved special publications, such as Our Home and Senior Savvy.
• We are the sponsors of the enormously popular FestivalSouth Best of the Pine Belt Awards. Voting occurs over the summer, and winners will be announced in the August issue of Signature Magazine. Sign up for updates by clicking here.
What is The Pine Belt News?
The Pine Belt News, the most-read newspaper in the Hattiesburg area, was founded in 2018 with the merger of three local newspapers (The Hattiesburg Post, The Lamar Times and The Petal News). It publishes weekly and covers governments, organizations and other news in Forrest and Lamar counties.
How much is a subscription?
Subscriptions to The Pine Belt News are $30 annually (for residents in Forrest and Lamar counties) or $50 for subscribers outside of those areas. The newspaper is delivered each week (on Thursdays to local residents) by the United States Postal Service. For more information on subscriptions, click here. For subscriptions to our other products, such as Signature Magazine, please call our office at (601) 268-2331 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I ...
... submit news tips, events or feature stories for consideration? Email the editor at email@example.com.
... submit an obituary? Obituaries must be submitted by licensed funeral homes. Death notices run for free, but obituaries incur a charge. For more information, click here or contact the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
... submit a Letter to the Editor or opinion piece? Email the editor at email@example.com. Please note that we do not accept unsigned letters or opinion pieces.
... place a classified or legal ad? Call (601) 268-2331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
... buy print or digital advertising for my business? Call (601) 268-2331 or email email@example.com.