#EatHburg: Culinary Crawl to take to the streets of downtown HattiesburgBy STAFF REPORTS,
VisitHattiesburg is pleased to announce the city’s second annual Restaurant Week scheduled for Oct. 6 – 13. Last year’s inaugural event attracted foodies from throughout the region, and VisitHattiesburg expects this year’s event to grow with the addition of new partners and offerings.
Visitors and locals will enjoy the week’s theme, OctoberFEAST, which will feature specialty hamburgers as a nod to “Hattiesburgers.” Participating restaurants will embrace the theme by creating new menu items and specials for the week.
This year’s #CulinaryCrawl event features downtown Hattiesburg – Thursday, Oct. 10, featuring The Porter Public House, BluJazz Café, The Depot Kitchen and Market and Southern Prohibition Brewery
For the #CulinaryCrawl event, ticketholders will receive a food and cocktail pairing at each participating stop. Tickets for the Culinary Crawl are $40 per person, and attendees must be 21 or older.
“Downtown Hattiesburg Association, Midtown Merchants Association, and Signature Magazine expressed interest in hosting a #CulinaryCrawl,” said Marlo Dorsey, executive director of VisitHattiesburg. “We are excited to have them on board to add a twist to Restaurant Week. This #CulinaryCrawl evening will offer a taste of Hattiesburg’s many delicious dishes. Foodies are also encouraged to visit participating restaurants throughout the week to try specialty hamburgers. This great annual event celebrates Hattiesburg’s local culinary scene, so bring your appetite. We will see you soon!”
VisitHattiesburg will promote OctoberFEAST in several out-of-state markets to attract foodies to Hattiesburg through both digital and traditional advertising.
Ticket sales are underway and can be purchased through Eventbrite or the 2019 Hattiesburg Restaurant Week Facebook event. For more details on #CulinaryCrawl, all Hattiesburg restaurants participating in Restaurant Week, or weeklong offerings, go to VisitHBURG.org/Events.
Use this guide to help you plan where to eat all week in HBURG! Check out each restaurant’s social media channels for pictures, more details, or questions.
VisitHATTIESBURG is giving away prizes DAILY on social media.
How do you enter to win? Do these three things:
1 - Share a food pic using #EatHBURG.
2 - Review one of the participating restaurant’s on their Facebook, Trip Advisor, or Yelp pages.
3 - Repeat!
The following restaurants will feature specialty hamburger-themed menu items.
• Blu Jazz Café: Downtown Burger – 8 oz. certified angus beef patty on a fresh-baked Breadsmith bun with fried jalapeños, hickory-smoked bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and sweet chili mayo
• Fairley’s Wings: The Spanky – 8 oz seasoned patty grilled to perfection, hickory-smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, fried egg topped with all the trimmings and Fairley’s signature sauce
• Fika Swedish Café: Swedish twist on the American burger
• Keg and Barrel Downtown: Southern Classic – Stonnington Farm grass-fed beef patty with seared jalapeños, whipped cream cheese and Grumpy Man pepper jelly on a toasted ciabatta bun
• Murky Waters BBQ: Murky BBQ King Burger – Handmade burger topped with pulled pork, onion straws, and BBQ sauce and dressed
• Southern Prohibition Brewery & Mercury Pizza: Cheeseburger Pizza
The Depot Kitchen & Market: Okonomiyak Cheeseburger
• The Porter Public House: Gino’s Burger Bomb – A burger topped with a Philly Cheesesteak
• Vikki Laynes: Big Clem Burger - served with fries
• Brass Hat: The Stroganoff Burger – Our house patty with a mushroom stroganoff bechamel, caramelized onions, melted Swiss cheese and a dollop of sour cream
• Burger Theory: The BT Boss Burger – 1/2 burger stuffed with bacon, onion, sharp cheddar, Swiss cheese, lettuce, and our Signature KGB sauce
• Crescent City Grill: Pimento Cheese Burger - topped with fried green tomatoes, bacon, and comeback sauce
• Ed’s Burger Joint: Spicy Cowboy Burger
• Fuzzys Taco Shop: Cheeseburger Quesadilla
• Glory Bound: Pepperjack – beef/lamb, lettuce, onion, pepperjack cheese, bacon and house-made comeback sauce servered on warm pita bread
• Mugshots Grill and Bar: Oktoberfeast Combo – includes one hamburger (5.33 oz party), 3 hand-breaded chicken tenders, and a serving of bee-battered fries
• Petra Café: Petra Burger – Large, juicy fresh ground premium beef seasoned and grilled. Free hummus appetizer with purchase of a Petra Burger
• Strick’s BBQ: Burger Night – Friday night only – Offering 5 different burgers and a Build Your Own Burger option
Sully’s of Hattiesburg: Sullivan Burger – bacon, fried jalapeños, fried pickles, and pepper jack cheese
Tabella: Marsala Burger – Hand-pattied burger topped with a Marsala-mushroom sauce and provolone cheese and served with a side of homemade onion rings
The Midtowner: Bacon Cheeseburger Omelet – 3-egg omelet with ground beef, chopped bacon, sautéed onions, cheddar-jack cheese served with your choice of a side