HPD arrests two juveniles for multiple residential burglariesBy HASKEL BURNS,
Hattiesburg police have arrested two juveniles connected with multiple residential burglaries near Kamper Park.
According to a media release from Ryan Moore, public information officer at Hattiesburg Police Department, two males under the age of 16 were taken into custody at about 3 p.m. Thursday and charged with seven counts of residential burglary and one count each of commercial burglary. Because of their ages, officials are not releasing the identities of the juveniles.
The burglaries include:
· Commercial burglary April 23 in the 300 block of Broad Street
· Residential burglary May 17 in the 100 block of Palmetto Street
· Residential burglary May 20 in the 100 block of Conti Street
· Residential burglary June 5 in the 200 block of South 17th Avenue (twice)
· Residential burglary June 5 in the 100 block of Conti Street
· Residential burglary June 5 in the 1200 block of Concart Street
· Residential burglary in the 100 block of South 15th Avenue
The two juveniles were arrested after a multi-day saturation of the area with undercover officers, bike patrols, increased direct patrols and tips from community members.
Police expect to make more arrests in the investigation, and additional charges could be forthcoming.
Anyone with information regarding the burglaries is asked to call HPD or Metro Crime Stoppers at (601) 582-7867.