VisitHATTIESBURG is pleased to announce the city’s fourth annual Restaurant Week, scheduled for Oct. 2 - 9, 2021. Home to more than 200 locally owned restaurants, Hattiesburg has more local eateries than any other Mississippi town per capita.
During this week-long event, visitors and residents are encouraged to dine at local eateries, enjoying the week’s overall theme, OctoberFEAST. Favorite menu items and Restaurant Week exclusives will be featured at participating restaurants.
“Partnering with our restaurants to highlight culinary offerings, Restaurant Week is expected to attract foodies from across the region and support sales for Hattiesburg’s eateries,” said Marlo Dorsey, executive director of VisitHATTIESBURG. “To showcase the unity found in our local culinary industry, we are providing restaurant staff with special restaurant week aprons to wear throughout the event.”
Participating restaurants will also be provided promotional items for diners during Restaurant Week, including branded stadium cups. VisitHATTIESBURG encourages patrons to share Restaurant Week meals on social media using #EatHBURG for the chance to win additional prizes.
“Last year, more than 40 restaurants participated in Restaurant Week, offering new tastes across the city,” said Kristen Brock, Director of Programs and Promotions of VisitHATTIESBURG. “We know how difficult the pandemic has been for our partners in the restaurant industry and we are proud that many have already begun planning for this year’s event with excitement.”
Participants can download their 2021 Foodie Guide on visithburg.org/eatlocal/ to see all of the Restaurant Week specials. VisitHATTIESBURG will hold daily drawings on social media for a variety of sponsor provided prizes. To enter, take a picture of a Restaurant Week food and post on social media using #EatHBURG.
Some of the 2021 Restaurant Week exclusives include:
• Keg and Barrel Downtown — Three Cheese Crab Dip: Lump crabmeat and a creamy three cheese blend served with fried bow tie pasta
• The Depot Kitchen & Market — Bratwurst Sandwich: Bratwurst with sauerkraut, creole beer mustard, and apple chutney
• The Porter — The Downtown Monte: Classic Monte Carlo with a raspberry sauce
• Southern Prohibition Brewery — Festbier & Kolsch: Two limited-time beers available just in time for Restaurant Week! Festbier is a modern lager with a slightly amber hue started on a Pilsner malt that finishing crisp and light. Kolsch is native to Cologne, Germany and the SoPro take is a bright brew that is light and crushable
• Burger Theory — A Bite of the South: A mouth-watering 1/2 lb. Burger Theory original beef patty topped with smoked pulled pork, pepper jack cheese, homemade coleslaw, and our signature KGB sauce on a sourdough bun. Served alonside a side of fresh french fries
• Crescent City Grill — Blackened Gulf Fish: Blackened gulf fish with tasso and cajun andouille maque choux
• Ed’s Burger Joint — Fiery Hawaiian Burger: An Ed’s Signature Burger topped with grilled pineapple, pepper jack cheese, and fried jalapenos
• Mugshots Grill & Bar — “Sweet Heat” Menu: Our famous “SWEET” sourdough buns have been infused with jalapeno cheddar ‘HEAT”. Substitute the new jalapeno cheddar bun on any burger to kick it up a notch. Try it on anything, but the Texan and Southern burgers are recommended for next level flavors
• Strick’s BBQ — The Gobbler Sandwich: Sliced smoked turkey breast piled high and topped with cheddar cheese, cranberry sauce, lettuce, and tomato
• Colludium Brewery — Beer Braised Bratwurst: Colludium beer braised bratwurst topped with sauteed tri-peppers, caramalized onions, porter mustard, and curry ketchup
• Mario’s Italian Restaurant & Bar — Chicken DellaRosa: Fresh fried chicken topped with sliced ham, mixed pappers, and mozarella cheese. Served with pink sauce atop angel hair pasta
• Birdhouse Cafe — The Power Bowl: Pulled pork over rice with black beans and mango pineapple slaw
• Mercury Pizza — Buffalo Chicken Pizza: Mozzarella cheese, buffalo sauce tossed chicken, bacon, and red onions topped with a ranch drizzle
• South Mouth Deli — Spicy Mac Attack: Green chili, bacon, and macaroni on a patty melt. Served atop Breadsmith’s fresh sourdough bread